Mt Vinson, Antarctica 4892m
To climb the highest peak in Antarctica, one must go to the bottom of the Earth to 78º 35' S - just 1200 kilometres from the South Pole. Whether your aim is to stand on the top of each of the 7 highest summits on the 7 continents or you just want to experience the beauty of mountaineering in Antarctica, then we can help to make your goal a reality.
Webpage photo taken from near the summit looking towards (L to R): Mt Gardner 4573m, Mt Epperly 4359m, Mt Tyree 4852m, Mt Shinn 4660m.
Program Dates for Antarctic Season 2017/2018...
V1 - 12 days - depart Punta Arenas 26th Nov 2017 - depart Union Glacier 7th Dec 2017
V2 - 12 days - depart Punta Arenas 7th Dec 2017 - depart Union Glacier 18th Dec 2017
V3 - 12 days - depart Punta Arenas 18th Dec 2017 - depart Union Glacier 29th Dec 2017
V4 - 12 days - depart Punta Arenas 29th Dec 2017 - depart Union Glacier 9th Jan 2018
V4ski* - 12 days - depart Punta Arenas 29th Dec 2017 - depart Union Glacier 9th Jan 2018
V5 - 12 days - depart Punta Arenas 9th Jan 2018 - depart Union Glacier 20th Jan 2018
*V4ski program suitable for experienced ski mountaineers wishing to attempt a ski ascent/descent expedition on Antarctica's highest peak
Price per person US $42,350 (we reserve the right to revise prices in the event of a significant change in the price of aviation fuel and aircraft charter rates)
- Briefing followed by refreshments in Punta Arenas, Chile one day prior to departure.
- Transfers to and from airport for Antarctic flights.
- Round trip flights from Punta Arenas to Antarctica.
- All programmed flights within Antarctica.
- Meals and accommodation while in Antarctica, including fully catered meals at Union Glacier camp.
- Group climbing and camping equipment for your Vinson climb.
- Climbing Guide and support of staff physician throughout your journey.
- A baggage allowance of up to 55lbs (25kg) on all polar flights.
What's not included...
- Commercial flights to and from Punta Arenas.
- Meals and accommodation other than while in Antarctica.
- Airport transfers other than those for Antarctic flights.
- Personal camping and climbing equipment and clothing.
- Any additional expenses incurred in Punta Arenas due to delays.
- Any baggage costs over the confirmed program allowance.
- Cost for the use of telephone whilst in Antarctica.
- Insurance coverage - personal, medical, evacuation or otherwise.
Click here to have a look at a sample itinerary
© Simon Abrahams 2005 - 2017